Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Petticoats & Parasols Day One WOW!

I am adding the PINK Saturday button so to the post that I did for Part One of Petticoats & Parasols. So, for those of you that have already seen this yesterday please forgive me but, I wanted to share the PINK wonder with the PINK Saturday girls. Stay tuned for the next part soon! I have so much to share. And you PINKIES sign up to follow so you'll know to come back for lots more luscious details of Savannah & this fabulous Art Event. Look below to see the beauty of the welcome dinner & some of the AMAZING decor. And click HERE to see others playing in the PINK
Welcome to the first of my posts for Petticoats & Parasols. I have never been to a Large Art Event before... & I had no idea what to expect. Our hostess Jennifer is truly an amazing SOUTHERN BELLE! She made the entire weekend a dream come true. Her attention to DETAIL was AMAZING!!!!! Above you can see the banner that was on our Swap Table. (For those of you that don't know this to go visit someone click on the name that is highlighted & underlined & it will take you to their link)
This was our beautiful hotel that greeted us upon arrival Thursday.
For Thursday evenings Opening Night Extravaganza Jenn pulled out all the stops & it was PINK HEAVEN! This was our table with it's adorable puckered fabric tablecloth. I LOVED the mannequins that she put on each table. Each wearing a beautiful PINK Petticoat. Notice she used magnolia flowers for the center of the table which are of course, very southern.
This was my place setting. You can see the beautiful white feather fan decorated with PINK tulle & a rose. Also in the upper left corner is the gift box from JO (more about her later for she is post unto her wonderful self) & at the top was a sweet pink fabric goody bag stuffed with amazing gifts. THANK YOU for your generosity Jenn!
This was the AMAZING Sweet Bar done by Rosalyn Sue Smith! She & her precious husband designed this whole thing. He built the shelves & frame for her. She then had all the curtains & front panels with that adorable silhouette embroidered. On this side was candy jars & bottled cokes. Click HERE to see more photos of this amazing evening on Jenn's site. Because Jenn & Tiffany who is a professional photographer, (how did I miss getting a shot of us together on this evening girlfriend????) could capture it sooooooooo much better.
And this side was full of home baked sweets such as fried peach pie, chocolate cake, coconut delight, pralines... are you getting the idea?
I wish I had gotten a close up of this beautiful centerpiece which was on the Sweet Bar.
We had amazing Peach Martini's here. The recipe for this treat is equal parts vodka & Daily's brand Peach Mixer with just a dash of Cointreau over ice. Shake well in a shaker & pour into a martini glass that has had the rim coated in sugar crystals. YUM! This became a hit with Hubby when I mixed him one upon returning home.
A few shots of the room & some of the Belles gathered to meet & visit.
Rosalyn Sue also organized the swap that I lamented making 24 favors for. OH SO WORTH IT! This is the table of the bags (we each got two)that she put together to give each of us. They were stuffed with so many treasures. To tell you the truth, I haven't even opened them all because I didn't want them all apart when traveling home. So, I still have that treat when I unpack! I had sooooooooooo many gifts & treasures that I am having my roommate ship home a bag of clothes so that I would have room in my suitcase for the gifts & goodies(Thank you sweet Heidi for doing that for me)!
When I first signed up to go to this event, I only knew Joanna & she had already planned on rooming with Bryanna & Cassandra so, I needed to make my own room reservations. I posted on the Yahoo Board & was so lucky to be matched with a perfect roommate. Upon checking into the hotel I met Sylvia (pictured below with Jenn at opening night) who was in the room right next to us. Her roommate had an emergency & couldn't come at the last minute so Sylvia hung out with Heidi & I all weekend. LOVE YA Sylvia & Heidi!
And below is the best ROOMIE in the world!!! Meet Heidi pictured here with our beautiful hostess Jenn.
Below is a photo of Christine (who was one of the teachers for the weekend) & I. I was so blessed to see my friend Christine again. She is an amazingly talented sweetie that I met last year while in California taking my Shaker Doll Necklace class from Diana. We have kept in touch & were so glad to see each other again (& talk about our precious Sheltie's). HUGS Christine!
Well, I just accidentally deleted the picture of JO & I with her signing my book... One push of the button & OH NOOOOOOOOOOO where did she go??? Sorry! But, I was going to do an entire post on MS JO anyway so stayed tuned! Wow I'm tired just remembering this night & reliving it. Are you?

33 comments:

Inspired-Simplicity said...

Charlene,
Glad to see that you are home. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Looking forward to future posts.
Blessings,
Carolyn

Cassandra said...

It was so great meeting you! This was so much fun! Hope to see you again sometime.

xo
Cassandra

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

WHAT FUN!!!! *nuff said*

Paris Cowgirl said...

Thank you for visiting my blog! Reading yours makes me think we were separated at birth. Dogs, gardens, everything vintage, friends, tea....just to name a few things!

Nan said...

My goodness girlfriend you do get to attend the most interesting events I've ever heard of. They just keep getting better and better all the time.

Jessica at Kids Napping? I'm Scrapping! said...

All that pink is delicious! :)

The French Bear said...

Charlene, you must be having the time of your life, wow, look at those goodie bags. Heaven!!!! What a great time everyone is having, I am so in love with all the beautiful decorations!!!
Enjoy the rest of your stay!!!
Hugs,
Margaret B

Julie said...

How gorgeous--and how much fun!!! Love all the tables...the sweet bar...oh, my!

Can't wait to see more, Charlene! I'll bet you're still floating on Cloud 9, aren't you?!

Glad you're back! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about it!

Debby said...

You lucky girl, everything looks so pretty. What a fabulous time this must have been.
Debby

Lisa said...

Oh how great! I love it. A lot of work went into this great event! I know you had fun! Cannot wait to see more.
Hugs, Lisa

Honey Lamb and I said...

Charlene, you look beautiful in that picture and I would love to meet up with you sometime soon!!! I am adding you to my reader!!!

Auntie Cake said...

Looks like you had the most wonderful weekend!
Kate

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

It was a delight to meet you ! I just posted about the paperdoll swap on my blog.
You are were so darn clever to do that beautiful plantation back ground!!!
(())
Francie
www.TheScentedcottage.blogspot.com

Linda said...

This looks like such a great time, Charlene! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

gibbysgirl said...

Hey Miss Charlene!

It was so great meeting you last weekend. You are a riot and it was awesome hanging out with you. I can't believe it is all over. I'm ready for another one.

Drop me a line when you get a chance
goonies19732003@yahoo.com

xoxo
Nicole
www.gibbysgirl.com

PS: I noticed Paris Cowgirl commented on your blog. She's a friend of mine and owns an amazing store in Mesa, AZ.

Alisa said...

Sounds like a great night!

Diana said...

Looks as though you basked in the luxury of Southern hospitality for a few days, Charlene...how fun. I look forward to reading about the rest of your adventures and the projects you created.
Take care
Diana

Sandy said...

O - wow!

Such talent and beauty!

Tootles,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Heidi Meyer said...

Here there roomie! So great to finally get to meet in person! I had a blast! Thank you so much for putting up with my crazy driving, ha! I hope we can meet at another art event soon. Can't wait for your Paper Cowgirl pics! XO's Heidi

Holly Loves Art said...

Your pictures of Jenn's event are just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing. You have a beautiful blog.
Take care,
Holly
HollyLovesArt.blogspot.com

Paris Cowgirl said...

I do indeed know and LOVE Nicole and her mama! It would be so much fun to have you here. I know of Karen at My Desert Cottage. Love her blog, but we have not yet met. I'm sure we will cross paths someday. I love how this creative, blogging world has brought so many people together from across the world!

Paris Cowgirl said...

And it's me again! Yes the Love Birds are wild. We have flocks of them here in AZ. Of course I will share my western images. I have a whole file. I will e-mail them to you.

I also see on your sidebar that you follow Fille de Fleur. The world just got smaller because she is my friend from High School. We twirled flags together. Isn't she talented! When the summer is over here Kim and her sister Kerri are coming to our store to teach a class! Smiles ;)

Paris Cowgirl said...

and me YET again! Send me an e-mail to alteredartattic@yahoo.com so I can send you the file!

overthetopstudios said...

Hi Charlene,
So nice meeting you this weekend and getting to know you and Nicole over Pizza. It came and went too quickly. I wish we would have connected earlier. Your lavendar pillow is too cute. I am just going through the bags. I have been swamped since I got back but hope to get pictures up tomorrow. Hugs Sweetie, hope we meet up again soon. Love the blog too.

Amada

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Charlene ~
Ohhh girl that looks like the most fun ever !
I have been looking at everyone's pictures and they are all yummy !!
xoxo
Lori

vintagesusie & wings said...

What a lovely event Charlene, it looks so magical & fun!! Thanks so much for stopping by my Custom Blog Design site, I had such a wonderful time working with Diane & I do adore the outcome. I would love to help you on doing a blog makeover if you should ever decide you'd like to. There are several ways I can help inspire you to find out what you like, but it is lovely just the way it is!!!
Smiles,
Susie
vintagesusie_2@msn.com

Holly said...

We think your blog is beautiful! Its definatly on our list of favourite blogs.

Susie Jefferson said...

How fabulous! You must have had the time of your life!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Oh one of these days I would love to attend! So much lovely pinkness!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

tarnishedandtattered.blogsot.com said...

Oh Charlene,
I know you had a wonderful time, I'm so glad you went. I can see from everyone's blogs that it was over the top cool. I would have made myself sick on that sweets bar! LOL Glad you loved your roomie, sometimes that turns out even better, don't you think? I miss u, see you soon. Lisa
PS Can't wait for part 2.

茂鴻 said...

It's great!!..........................................

diane said...

Wow! Is all I can say Charlene! I am so excited that you were part of this! So very happy for you =)))

RobinM said...

Charlene,

You have such a beautiful blog. Enjoyed meeting you sooo much. Time was just much too short!
Love,
Robin

Related Posts with Thumbnails