Friday, May 7, 2010

Southern Belles At Vendor Night

Doesn't that picture speak a THOUSAND WORDS? That's my sweet friend Sylvia dressed in her finery for Vendor Night at Petticoats & Parasols Art Event. This little sweetie packed & paid for an extra suitcase just to have her Belle Outfit. She won Jenn's Best Costume for this darling outfit & I think she certainly should have! Although it had to be hard for Jenn to choose because there were some AMAZING outfits.
All A Board Belles!!!! Here is sweet Cathy (from Tennessee) & the other Belles loaded on the Trolley for the ride to the Bakery where the Vendor Night was held.
I can assure you we all looked better here before the OPEN AIR (hot & humid because after all it was in Savannah, GA) TROLLEY lumbered down miles of street blowing the Belles to pieces.
And here is what awaited us upon arrival! Sweet Jenn was standing there in all of her finery. I will share more of this in a separate post that I will do on Jenn, Jo, Christine & Tiffany. They were the amazing force behind the weekend & deserve their OWN POST!
The cupcakes were to die for! Beautiful to look at but, the TASTED even better. The butter cream icing would MELT in your mouth. YUMMMMMMMM A little secret... I bought 4 of them to take back to the room for Heidi & I to devour later. Nothing like eating cupcakes in your PJ's & reliving the days events.
Now, let's look at some of the vendors (many of them were also Belles). First is Cathy Scalisse & her Cup Cake Fairy booth. I had just taken Cassandra's EZine & learned to do faux cakes & cupcakes but, this gal puts mine to shame. Cathy these were so whimsical... I LOVED THEM. In fact, loved them so much I bought one of these treasures & HAND CARRIED it back on the plane.
Don't you adore her wand? I HAVE to make myself one of those. When returning to the hotel I heard Cathy ranting as she went down the hall... she had forgotten to wear her wings (which she had paid mega shipping on) Poor Fairy!!!!! You looked adorable Cathy. Be sure to see her wonderful shop.
Another look at her table (if you want to see a larger photo click on the photo itself).
And her wreath was a pink confection for sure. Am I dating myself when I tell you I remember those little Birthday Angels she used for many of these pieces? How many of you remember them?
Here are Christine & Amada. AMAZING ARTISTS EACH IN THEIR OWN RIGHTS! I am not going to say much about my sweet friend( we met at a class last year in California) Christine here or show her table because she & her talent will be showcased as mentioned above. But, I enjoyed meeting & spending time with Amada so much & her talent will knock your socks off. Click on her name (or any of the other girls)to see her beautiful blog & some of the other things that she does.
Amada's beautiful crepe paper for sale.
And her Maries & glittered boxes. Again, click on the photo to enlarge. Her attention to detail is divine!
Sweet Cassandra standing in front of her table! As I mentioned above, I had taken two EZines from her yet had never met her in person. A treat I can assure you. She is so sweet, quiet, unassuming, yet MEGA talented. Cassi, it's a true pleasure to know you & would love to spend more time with you!
She was set up right in front of the window so you can see outside but, who's looking when you have all those treasures to focus on.
And JoAnn sold the most exquisite hand dyed silk & velvet ribbon. Yep, somewhere I have her card. I haven't unpacked all my stuff yet so it is in the dregs of a bag I'm sure & YES I would be happy to share the info when I find it.
Now, let's look at some of the Belles. Starting off is my friend Joanna (from my art group here at home) & her friend Bryanna looking like PINK CONFECTIONS themselves! Congratulations for winning the other costume award Bryanna. Don't you love the sign for the bakery & the chandi all a sparkle?
Here is sweet Michelle looking fine & very southern!
And talk about a DOLL meet my new Buddie Nicole! She had outfit after outfit by Magnolia Pearl & she wore them sooooooooooooooo well. ADORABLE GIRLFRIEND!!!!
Cathy & Rachel. I got to sit with Rachel & her sweet friend Jennifer from Chicago throughout the Art Day & she is so sweet. Hope I can hook up with her next time I visit family in Denver. And sweet Ms Cathy we need to get your blog started because you have sooooooo much to share.
And this beauty is Shelly (I think from Florida). She always looked precious but, she out did herself with this outfit.
And this beauty is another Shelly. And I am thrilled that she lives close enough that when hubby goes to Oklahoma City to work I hope we can hook up. She is also an amazing artist. Really... I think everyone at this Event was an amazing artist. TALENT OOOOOZED out in so many ways everyday. Love the outfit & that luscious necklace Shelly!
And this is Lisa, Jeanie, Robin & Sherry (lucky me because Sherry lives pretty close to me too). Three sisters & their cousin that all came as a remembrance/dedication of time spent together in memory of the girls Mother that had passed away this past year. Mom had been very crafty & had encouraged the girls to go to this event but, they didn't commit because they felt they needed to stay & take care of her. Upon her passing they decided that instead of being sad they would celebrate her by all going together to the event. SWEET! AND THEY HAD & WERE SO MUCH FUN TO BE WITH. Bless each of you girls in your sweet memories of a love so strong & each other.
WHEW! I'm tired are you? This last photo is some of us that took an early Trolley back to the hotel. HECK, I had PJ's & a cupcake to dive into so I could be ready for the next day which was our ART EVENT at the Ford Plantation. SWEET DREAMS!
Stay tuned for the next post of the actual Art Event & I hope you click on the girls that I have linked to so you can see their many talents. Tell them Charlene sent you. Have a great weekend.

24 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, Charlene!! It looks like all of you gals had a wonderful time. The dresses are beautiful!! Wish I could have been there. The cupcakes look divine! ;-D

xoxo
Jane

Ingrid DeVilliers said...

Wow Charlene...what a beautiful post! The women's dresses were beautiful. Those cup cakes looked so pretty and I love the pastel colors. It looks like you all had a ball!

Linda said...

Charlene~ it looks like everyone just had the best time! Great vendors and fun!

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Charlene; OH what beautiful ladies in all their gorgeous dresses,,,,it looks like a fun time... I am really enjoying your posts and photos of your trip..... I can't wait to see more...... more........... more....lol

Have a great weekend

Hugs;
Alaura

Diana said...

Wow that is an amazing post, Charlene! Great photos and coverage of your fun time in the south. I missed seeing a photo of you all dressed up. Come on, you certainly have one of yourself that you can share....right?? Happy Mother's Day to you my friend.
Tootles
Diana

Honey Lamb and I said...

I get so sad when I look and just want to go back!! Hope you are doing great!!!

Debby said...

Amazing photos, and those cupcakes look so yummy!!! This looks like the best time ever. I love what everyone is wearing.
Debby

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am so glad you got to go to this event. I love Savannah so much since that is where I got married. The dresses and hats were amazing! I just adore Cathy....she is such a lovely person. I can't wait to see more of your photos!

I am trying to catch up on Blog visits today because I have been on the Merry-Go-Round this past week!

Love,
LuLu♥

Nan said...

Charlene this is amazing, I've never seen anything like this event. You Southern ladies sure now how to have fun. I loved looking at all those tables and especially the ones with Marie A. items. Smart girl to buy cupcakes for later too!!

FILIGREE MOON said...

Charlene, these photos are fabulous! Thank you for sharing your grand adventure. ~ Angela

Cathy said...

Charlene,

What an amazing post. What an awesome weekend we had, didn't we?

I hear you are going to CA in July for Kim's Art event. Hope to see you there.

xo Cathy

Lisa said...

Oh my what FUN! They all look so lovely! Seems like everyone was there! All those goodies!! I would have filled my car!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs, Lisa

Prior said...

Charlene, It looks like y'all were having a blast. LOVE that cupcake sign! Lezlee

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Great post, I can see how you had such an awsome time. The pics are great and thanks so much for sharing them. Every thing looked wonderful and the girls and their dresses were amazing!! You make some precious memories on that trip. Glad you got to go and have so much fun!!!
We have to get together soon with Lisa and have a fun time for her birthday.
Hugs, Pat

tarnishedandtattered.blogsot.com said...

Wowza! There's a lot of taffeta, crepe paper & sugar in that post! LOL I think I just put on a couple of pounds looking at those amazing cup cakes. Jenn looked like a little Barbie doll princess. I'll be she hears that a lot. Very pretty. Now did you say 'hand dyed velvet ribbon'???
You have a very Happy Mother's Day sweet friend. Thanks for your birthday wishes. Lisa

vintagesusie & wings said...

Oh Charlene,
What a magical world you have taken us too!!! It truly is a Dream in Cream. {whip cream, that is...yummy}
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog & leaving such a sweet comment! You are so right, my best friend's Mother was an alcholic, she too was a Motherless Daughter. I hope you have a GLORIOUS Mother's Day Friend!!!
Hugs,
Susie

Julie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, dear friend! Hope you're being spoiled today and enjoying every second!

Thanks so much for inviting me to join you in July...I would SO love to, but won't be able to this time...we've got a packed-solid July...lots of travel, family, camping...I'm sad! I would LOVE to do that with you! Thanks so much for thinking of me, Charlene! Something I would love to do another time!

Talk to you later...have a most beautiful day!

Monica@The White Bench said...

Charlene!!! Love those hats to pieces!It looks like you had much fun!
Guess what??? I never (and I mean NEVER) had a cupcake in all my life!! I like sweets but not that sweet ;)) isn't this silly?? But those of the pic you shared are sooooo tempting!
Many thanks for your nice words to me! Thinking of you,
Monica and Kimxx.

Holly Loves Art said...

Hi Charlene,
Your pictures of the event are just gorgeous! I have so much enjoying looking through them and feel like I was there! I'll be seeing Jenn again this summer for the Le Sirenes event. You should come out and spend the long weekend with us! It's going to be amazing... all Beach girl and MERMAID themed!

I sent you an email after you visited me on my blog too.

I hope you're having a lovely weekend.

Take care,
Holly

Dayle Allen Shockley said...

Oh my gosh! I loved this post!

Sandy said...

Oh - to have been there!
Felt like I was, thanks for the reporting, Charlene!

I may not comment all the time, but know that I read you all the time.

Tootles,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

You are so right about alll those beautiful ladies ! The talent was amazing and to be surrounded by Southern Belles was a lot of fun.
As for the cupcakes, oh my ! They really were the best I have ever had.
(())
Francie

BeeSwanky said...

Oh the places you go... I have enjoyed your blog. Thanks so much for stopping by the booth at the Hico Antique Fair. Sorry we didn't get to visit. I hope you found some great treasures. Bee Blessed! Amy B.

Cathy said...

Hi Pumpkin,

Thank you for posting such amazing pictures of the wonderful P&P event. I have to say I look quite cute, even without my wings! lol

I can't wait to see you in CA.

BTW, love, love, love your new blog. It's gorgeous!

xo Cathy

Related Posts with Thumbnails