Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday Mach 18

Susan is hosting another Outdoor Wednesday & I am so sorry I am late in getting this posted. Please click on the button on my sidebar to join her & the others participating today. I Had the Air Conditioning guy here early this morning(for annual maintenance)& that slowed me down getting this posted . Yes, here in Texas it is time to start using them. As you can see in my photos this week... it has been warm & everything is in bloom!
On Tuesday(St Patty's Day) JoAnn & I went out for a lovely day in Dallas. And while in Highland Park we drove by one of my favorite little houses there. This is such an adorable little cottage & I have always loved the big porch. The homeowner goes all out for flowerbeds. And as for the cows... I don't get them but, she must love them because they are always out there in the flower beds. Don't you love the way the American flag shows against that blue blue sky? I do!!!!!!!
This Red Tipped Fatina bush is in FULL bloom. So pretty to look at... So makes me SNEEZE!!
Click to enlarge this photo of the front sidewalk & you can see one of the cows pulling a wagon load of ferns.
Sweet Blue Violas!
Sunny Yellow Pansies!
A bed of pansies & poppies.

And a closeup of the pansies & poppies. I feel like I had the luck of the Irish with me to have had such a wonderful day with my friend & to see such beauty. Stop by tomorrow to see a few more fun things from our day. Happy Spring my friends.

20 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a beautiful landscape!
Such gorgeous flowers, so much color.

Vicki Chrisman said...

OH my gosh..that is just SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Charlene, air conditioning already? I'm not sure I would welcome that warm weather yet. You captured some wonderful flowers. That yard certainly put lots of effort into cool season annuals. Makes for such a colful spot.

Kathy b

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday Charlene! You are not late...but your link was bad (it did not go to your site). Don't worry, I deleted it and put the correct one up) I think you will get some visitors now!

Loved the pictures of the cottage... I see why you love it!
Thanks for sharing your photos.

Susan

sunnymama said...

Fantastic cows and beautiful flowers!

Anonymous said...

Yes my air conditioning is on too. I love the quirkiness of that little cottage, and anyone who puts cows in their front yard is just my kind of person!

Chandy said...

Charlene, hello! Nice to "read" you in my blog! Yeah, we live just above Dallas, in Carrollton! Highland Park look beautiful this time of year... I just redid my petunias because the last set of rains we had drowned and killed the others. :-(

Great pictures for today!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You are so right, this is just a gorgeous cottage and the landscaping is just fabulous. I love all the flowers and the flag is wonderful too. Great pics. Hugs, Marty

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

What a pretty little cottage ! Her flowers are gorgeous.Thanks for stopping by.

Sue said...

Hi Charlene,
Now I am so jealous, all those beautiful flowers and that is a very cute house!!! Not jealous of real hot weather, but like it warmer than what we are having! Thank you for sharing, and for coming by my place for a visit and the sweet comment you left.
Blessings,
Sue

Marie said...

That is one pretty looking cottage you visited, and you're right about the flower beds! Thanks for visiting me...the Murano Chandelier is one coveted item that is currently being sold online at an antique shop. It's $1500 big ones so it's just an obsession for now :)
-marie

Pam said...

What an amazing yard. I'm not sure about the cows either, but the flowers are beautiful!
I wish it were warm enough for the ac here!

Southern Lady said...

Hi, Charlene ...

What a precious little cottage and gorgeous flower beds ... I even like the cow!

I'm so glad your comment about my "Country Roads" post led me to your blog. I love it, and will be back to visit again soon.

Sincerely,

Janie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Charlene,
Thanks for stopping by. I love that little cottage and the flower beds are out of this world gorgeous. I want your weather! Cindy

Shirley said...

What stunning landscaping. And I love the cows, even though like you, I don't quite get them.

Monica said...

Love love love all these flowers! And the poppies.... SOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!
Thanks for your adorable birthday wishes- so glad you stopped by!
Hugs,
Monica (and Kim) xo.

a quiet life said...

what a darling garden, loved your tour!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I love this adorable house...but cows?! Those are hysterical out front but they sort of distract from the house and flowers. If I put cows out front of my house, I think my homeowners association would be on my doorstep by morning! LOL Thanks for sharing this sweet house and gardens! Susan

Karen said...

Beautiful pictures. Happy Spring, Charlene!!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Love this landscaping!

I hope you will have a fabu weekend sweets!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Related Posts with Thumbnails