Here is the finished necklace the first time. See the large oval piece at the top. Loved the old clip & used it for a clasp but, it was too large & made the entire necklace out of balance when I wore it. This piece needed to be used in a different way on a different piece. So.... OFF it came & the search was on for something different to achieve a better balance.
You can see the clip a bit better here. Also, that black stone is beautiful with flecks of blue metallic that just glisten when the light hits it.
Here you can see the sterling silver salt spoon that I used to add interest to this piece. I had found it in an Antique store in Dallas & wanted to include it. Drilling the holes in it was interesting! Tools I have never used before & am still leery about. Diana says she was the same way & this will pass.
Here is the finished necklace on my mannequin after it was redone.
A little closer shot. Also, you can see the earrings I made to go with the necklace. Sorry the pink pin sticks out so much. I didn't think about that when I was doing the photos. Next time I will try to be more aware.
The new clip that I used had rhinestones in it & was round not oval. Also, not as large in scale.
Some links of silver were used to make the clasp since the rhinestone was wired on. I used a Blue/Grey Pearl, Natural Pearl, & Black beads to bring out the colors of the doll. Her hair being black & her eyes being blue.
Here is the close up of the redone Shaker. If you look closely at the items they are wired with a coil wrap instead of the looser head pins. I feel much more secure now. I hope you enjoy seeing my first attempt at jewelry design. I LOVED THIS! And can't wait to do some more designs. Diana has come up with another class that I hope to take in July.