Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Birthday Celebration!

Wow this week is flying by! I can not believe that it was time for another Birthday Monday. My "Honey" spent the day with me & took me to lunch. That evening my sweet friends Pierre & Daniele had a dinner for me & we had dinner AL Fresco on the patio overlooking the lake. Lovely! And Tuesday, my dear friend Susan (you have met her in the past & saw her in photos from our California trip) took me to lunch. She has promised me a trip to Salado to really celebrate but, my schedule is too crazy this week so today she brought me a sweet card & took me for a lovely lunch (chicken pesto Penni). After we finished our lunch & my favorite iced sugar cookie...we went over to Jana's shop http://collectedtreasures.blogspot.com/ to visit & see all the new things that Lisa & Caroline have brought in. We called Pat http://mytatteredelegance.blogspot.com/to have her meet us there. And she came bearing gifts!
A beautiful collaged box with this sweet card on top.
Here is a photo of the box opened on my table & you can see the contents... LACE!
Pat knows I am crazy about lace. Especially vintage lace! Look at the two panels done in the pineapple design that when laid side by side they create wings. Love that! And at the top there is some tatting that Pat had dyed for me. She is so creative with her dye technique. She is a master at it.
Sorry this photo is a tiny bit fuzzy but, you can see how tiny & wonderful this tatting is.
A look into the box... It was full of treasure. Jana started telling Pat that her birthday is soon & when we asked she said "tomorrow" & grinned (hinting that she also wanted a stash of lace). Upon further questioning we found out her BDay is not until January. Silly Girl!
Here is a vintage hankie that was in the box. Susan was so touched when she saw this & said "Oh, I remember buying one like that for my mother so long ago". The linen on it is very fine & the lacy is too. Beside the wonderful lace, Pat wrote the sweetest tribute to me on her blog. Please go visit & leave her a message about this beautiful gift of lace & friendship.
I want to thank each of you for the gift of your friendship each & every day. To remember my birthday with, gifts or your time was so very very sweet. Also, I want to thank each of you that sent me comments & well wishes. Thank YOU most of all for your friendship & thoughtfulness each day. This is truly a gift I treasure.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a beautiful birthday, full of love, laughter,special treats and memories to last a lifetime!!
Happy Birthday, Charlene~~

Hugs,
Lynn

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Glad you loved the lace. And it was wonderful meeting your friend. I'm looking forward to us all getting together. Wishing you many many more years of Happy Birthdays!
Smiles,
Pat

Barbara Jean said...

Charlene,
Just letting you know i received my Fairy Jar, and the other lovely treasurers you sent.
I have them posted on my blog right now.
I love them all. The flower is such a beautiful color, and the earrings, too. I even have an outfit to wear them with!!

Thank you so very much.

Now I'm off to check out this birthday party you are talking about. =0)
blessings,
Barbara Jean

Barbara Jean said...

Oh Charlene. I didn't realize it was your birthday we were partying over!!

Happy Birthday. Hope it was great!!

more blessings,
barbara jean

Anonymous said...

Hi Charlene,
Thank you for stopping by All Bliss Be Thine & for your nice comments.
I have enjoyed visiting your blog & that is some pretty lace pieces you friend gave you. Love the two pieces that make a butterfly.
Also want to wish you a Happy belated Birthday! Glad you had a nice celebration of your special day!

Diana said...

Happy belated birthday my new friend!!! Sounds as though you celebrated in style as you should. Looking forward to seeing you in about 3 weeks.
Hugs
Diana

Dollie's Daughter said...

Charlene,

Happy Birthday! Those boots are to tie for! I'm enjoying your blog. It's so nice to follow a blog that is updated frequently with such wonderful posts. Hope we meet again at another event before too long.

Love ya,
Lisa

Related Posts with Thumbnails