Sunday, June 27, 2010

Paper Cowgirls 2010

Welcome to Paper Cowgirls! Well, OK not really. But, I wanted to share my weekend at Paper Cowgirls with you. This is the first year I have gotten to go & I had a good time. Above is the Banner I made in my Digi Girl Class (taught by the wonderful Mendy). I thought it would be a great opening photo.
And the PINK & Aqua was the mannequin that they had all decked out at the opening Meet & Greet Party. That was sooooooooooooome sparkly hat!
Everyone said I had to take a photo of me all dressed up. Well, here it is. I hope to get a few better ones after I see some of the other girls photos. And I did buy one of the Photo CD's from Deb (the photographer for a lot of this event) but, for now this will have to do. DARN IT, I am not holding the little Dale Evans purse from Sandy. It is of course on the table across from me. SORRY SANDY! But, there's the boot, belt & hat. Everyone seemed to really like it all.
One of the two cuffs that sweet Sarah of Gypsy Mermaid received. This one is so pretty & pink but, the other one (sorry my photo was too fuzzy to share) was amazing. I have asked her to send me a shot of the other one & I will share it when I can. There were a number of swaps that were so much fun to look at but, I just couldn't participate in one more thing since I am in the middle of doing the swaps for my next Art Event in California. I know that's not much of a post but, it is late & I am tired. And for some reason so many of my photos were not clear. ????? Lighting???? Sweet Jodi & I did have a wonderful talk about photography (which she is really good at) so, hopefully things will improve. I do have some wonderful photos of the class that my friend (& first night roommate) Lisa taught. She did an amazing job! So be on the watch. Have a great week.

22 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

This just looks like it would be so much fun! Love the outfit and those amazing boots!

Anne Lorys said...

Meeting you this past weekend was most definitely one of the highlights!
You are just an all-around awesome gal. :-)

I can't wait until we get to make mischief again (SOON!!!)

Big hugs,
Anne

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

What a great photo, Charlene~ love the outfit! Can't wait to hear about all the fun!!

Karen said...

Well don't you look cute Girl! Again - TDF jewelry!
Glad you had a good time. Anxious to hear more about it.
I'll put you back up on the sorority list in the morning! YAY!
Talk to you soon! Karen

cocoa and coconut said...

what beautiful costumes!

My Grama's Soul said...

I must say you were one good lookin' cowgirl. Sounds like you had ball.

Xo

Jo

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Charlene ~
I love your outfit with your wayyy awesome boots !
I am excited to see pix as they start filling blogland ~
xoxo
Lori

Diane said...

Charlene....I love the picture of you ~ you are one snazzy cowgirl =)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I want to hear all the details over cocktails out in CA!! I think this event must have been a blast.

FILIGREE MOON said...

Charlene, it was so nice to spend a creative Paper Cowgirl weekend with you! You really were the Belle of the Ball! This photo turned out great, greater than the one I spoke of, as you can see all the wonderful cowgirl goodness you wore so well. Hope you had a great time. ~ Angela

Candy said...

Still lovin' those boots girl!
Enjoyed sharing a little time with ya in Hatchie.
Blessings ;-)

Candy said...

That was the best Mexican food I've had in a while. Wish it wasn't 3 hours away.
I'll be coming to Dallas for my son's Quackcon convention in August, we'll have to get together with Pat. It's back at the Anitol(sp?)this year.
Enjoy dinner...again ;-)

Mosaic Magpie said...

You did those boots proud!
Debbie

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Charlene My Girl, you were the prettiest Cowgirl there! Those boots are SO you and I must say that ALL of your outfits for the weekend were awesome!!!!

The lighting was terrible for the Meet and Greet and The Catfish Plantation too. Don't beat yourself up about it...it just happens and you are a great photographer :)

Now take off your boots and get your bathing suit on...you're gonna be a California girl soon!!!!
:)
Miss you already, can't wait for Chantal's event :)))

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am so glad you had a great time! I love the photo of you...you are one beautiful gal!

LuLu♥

Lisa said...

Hey roomie,
I love the picture! Guess what, I lost my camera! Now my pics I took of you & Cami plus a ton more are lost:( I may need to borrow yours when I get ready to post. I'm so glad you came, I don't know how I would have gotten thru it all without you. It was really great & Cindy did an outstanding job. I feel like I finally hit a wall so I'm off to bed. Talk soon. Lisa

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You look fabyoulous, but I knew you would !
Sounds like a great time and am looking forward to more photos.

Sandy Navarro said...

Girl, you look FabUlous! What are ya pack'in for your mermaid event?? LOL

See ya soon!

Bunnym said...

Of course we want a pic of you wearing those boots. Saw more pics on Angies blog. Sounds like a hoot!

tootles,
bunny

Honey Lamb and I said...

You look gorgeous!!! You look like a true (which you are) beautiful Texas cowgirl!~Shelley O.

Anonymous said...

Hello,

How fun! Love this dressed up mannequin!


~ Gabriela ~

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Girlfriend you look fantastic! What a great time this must have been!

Related Posts with Thumbnails