Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gingerbread Houses At Gaylord Texan

SONY DSC Welcome to the Gingerbread Village at The Gaylord Texan. For those of you who are just joining us please read the previous post so you can see more of this magnificent property & see the amazing event called ICE that we went to see. But, this post is about the other fun exhibits we saw while there. This area was in a separate wing of the hotel (notice the little patio of one of the rooms in the photo below) & once you rounded the corner you could SMELL the SWEET smell of all the REAL gingerbread & candies used to make this display. DSC03277The gingerbread men above were probably about 8 feet tall or more! The blue & yellow were M&M candies. The white areas are marshmallows. The pink & aqua were jelly beans. HUNDREDS OF THEM! DSC03286


In the photo above you can see the size of the gingerbread house(& again some of the rooms overlooking this huge courtyard). The entire house was made of gingerbread & decorated in candy. THE SMELL WAS DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!DSC03284


A close up of the wall of the house 3 of the cookies used to decorate it. The bright colored items on the far left a large lollipops with frosting holding them in place. Below, is the side wall you see as you approach the house just past the sign & gingerbread people you have seen above. Again, the white being marshmallows (click on the photos to enlarge). The dark yellow butterscotch hard candies. M&M’s as well as jelly beans by the thousands.collage 1





DSC03282 DSC03281



DSC03287 How did these rascals sneak into this photo op on the front porch?collage  3 This fellow below is beckoning you to come see his Winter Wonderland train display.DSC03295 How would you like to be the one lining up the blue M&M’s on this dude? And could you ever face another marshmallow?collage 2


collage 4


All Aboard For FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!


Come back for a last look at the Gaylord’s other train displays that I will share with you soon. In the meantime… BE SAFE THIS NEW YEARS WEEKEND! I look forward to 2011 & all my amazing friends in Blogland. What a blessing you are to me. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

HUGS! Charlene

11 comments:

Jacqueline said...

What a fabulous treat to get to see and smell in person. It is just incredible on the post and I am sure that it is nothing like being there. I love the M&Ms covering everything and how fun to have Texas written all over it. Did any of the little children try to take a bite! I have a picture of my granddaughter caught in the act at about 3 biting off a side of my gingerbread house! Just precious. Have a wonderful 2011! Sometimes I wonder and worry that I will run out of blogging ideas, and then sometimes my brain just won't stop! Hope it keeps working in 2011!

Sandy Navarro said...

Ooooooooh! I can smell it from here! But I can't imagine all the baking and truck loads of candy & marshmallows it took to put that village together. The kidos were definitely in heaven cuz "someone" knows just how to sugar 'em up real good!

Love ya!

Jan Hennings said...

WOW! I've never seen anything like this and HOW AMAZING! I bet the boys loved this!

mo said...

Happy New Year Charlene! The gingerbread homes look like a whimsical wonderland. *hugs*

Maija said...

What a fabulous fun place to visit!!
Happy New Year Charlene!! Oxox

Hearts Turned said...

How amazing, Charlene! Can you imagine decorating all of that??? What a labor of love!

Wishing you and your sweet hubby a most wonderful New Year, my dear friend! You are such a joy to me in this bloggy world of ours--can't wait to see what you'll be learning & sharing this year!

Julie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

WOOOO I am on shugah overload ! and stopping by to wish you and yours the very best, brightest and most wonderful new year.
(())

Lily's Lace said...

Now I want something sweet! We're about to go see True Grit and I bet I buy M&Ms, plain and peanut!! Great post, could ya not make them look so good! I'm learnin' here and you're makin' me look bad!!!! Love-c

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Great post ...
Nice to meet you Charlene,
Happy New Year!
Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Lily's Lace said...

OK miss smarty pants you changed your header and I LOVE IT! And of coarse the Gaylord post too!

mendytexas said...

OOH I've been to the Gaylord, and it's fantastic!! What fabulous photos you have here!! Sugar is always a treat! Hugs! Mendy

Related Posts with Thumbnails