Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So Where The Heck Have I Been?

Room 1420    View




Houston, Texas to begin with…. I MISSED YOU GUYS! I have been reading some of your blogs but, I’ve been uber busy. It started 2 weeks ago when I went with Hubby to Houston for him to work. Let’s start there… We pulled our new RV down & stayed in a lovely RV park near Pearland which is south of downtown. Pool, hot tub, grills, horseshoes… this place had it all. Luxury RV’ing for sure! And then…


RowdyArtSistersLogo


And invitation to join my precious friend Diane Cook of Rosa & Josie’s for her monthly meeting of THE ROWDY ART SISTERS ART Groups monthly meeting! What a fun bunch of ladies! Above is the image that appears on all of their Art Aprons that they wear each meeting.


ArtSistasPendant


This month it was Diane’s turn to host/teach the project & above is her sample. Don’t you adore the little girl in the resin piece? I DO! And I love the rest of it too. The way she finished out that piece of brass heart just set the tone for a precious focal point! Diane is an amazing FRIEND & teacher. Be sure to click on her name above & go visit her to see where all she is teaching. If you have a chance… TAKE ONE OF HER CLASSES!


Kathleen'sShop


We met in Kathleen Wedemeyer’s studio which is over the top(click on her name to link to her)! She has “STUFF” … WONDERFUL STUFF EVERYWHERE! And her studio is huge! This is JUST ONE ROOM of it. See the fabric curtain in the back left… another WHOLE ROOM of supplies. And then there is another large storage room for big things like ceiling tiles. On the back wall you can see some of her amazing art hanging on the walls. SHE IS ONE TALENTED GAL! Her studio is located behind her darling stone home & gardens. AMAZING!!!! Her home is like walking into an art dream… Everywhere you look it is over the top decor. I wish I had brought my camera that day but, I didn’t so I am using the photos Diane took to share the day (THANKS DIANE). Kathleen & I first met at ADORN ME two years ago when we took two of Diane’s classes there.


ArtSistasClasswithCharlene


That’s Kathleen on the front left. And you can see me & my buddy Agnes (who I get to hang out with at Round Top every year & at many of Diane’s classes) on the right. This shows some of Kathleen’s goodies on the wall a little closer up.


ArtSistasWorking


Everybody working hard…


ArtSistasResinPendants



Our finished watch faces filled with our images & ICE Resin. Mine is that sweet little girl in the center front row. I LOVE HER! I did not set mine in the beautiful piece of brass filigree because I haven’t decided if she will go on an etched cuff bracelet… or if I will use some of the amazing beads that I bought at the Gem Show (can you see a future post there?) that I went to a couple of days later. Indecision stops soooooooooooooooo much creativity for me. DO YOU HAVE THAT SAME ROAD BLOCK? If not… please share how YOU push through that step of creating.


Kathleen'sresinpiecenownestledinthefiligree


This is Kathleen’s finished piece (Diane went back the next day to help her finish hers). LOVE the image with the gear behind her. And the words… Artist……………….. Good Job Kathleen! Thank you to all you Rowdy Art Sisters for letting me join in your fun day!!!! THIS IS WORTH A MONTHLY DRIVE TO HOUSTON ! Don’t ya think??? They said I could join. And I’m thinkin I should too! NOW……… I must get back to piles of laundry & mail. Not to mention 2 weeks of billing for the company. After a week in Houston we hooked up with Diane & her hubby for a week of RV fun in Kerrville. Lot’s more photos & fun to post about soon.


HUGS! Charlene

17 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I know where you have been....having fun with your girlie friends!! I truly want to take one of Diane's classes one day! LOVED seeing your pictures!!

LuLu~*xoxo

Blondie's Journal said...

I've always wanted an RV to go on long road trips in. I'm glad you found nice places to stay! And it sounds like you had loads of fun at the class. I LOVE the brass heart!! How nice to meet up with your buddies, Charlene!

I've missed your posts, but summers are busy, I know. Hope you are having a marvelous one!!

XO,
Jane

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great time! I love seeing all the fun classes you take, I can live through you ;) I wish I was more crafty, I do the small projects I can but my hands don't like to do much ;) So glad you are home to share all your fun!
Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful things were made!! What a great adventure you had....
Have a Wonderful Week!!
Marilyn

Diane said...

It was a fun day wasn't it? A great time was had by all the Rowdy Art Sisters, and a sweet visitor named Charlene! xo

Lily's Lace said...

Ahhhhhhh, I am jumping up and down wanting that wonderful studio and the fun you all had! Welcome back girlfriend, you were missed for sure! xoxo-cindy

Maija said...

You are having some serious fun girlfriend!! I JUST signed up for one of Diane's classes at Art Unraveled- now I am really excited to meet her knowing she is your friend!!

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Charlene! I LOVE THESE!!! I've been wanting to try ice resin and this encourages me to do so! What a blast you girls must have had ~ and I LOVE the image you chose too, just precious, hugs and love, Dawn

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Hello Miss Charlene!
Oh My Gosh!!!! These Are Absolutely Stunning! I am Headed Over to Peruse Diane's Classes Now! I LOVE this Piece!
So Glad your Back Friend!!
Great Big Hugs!
Jill

Decor To Adore said...

What fun you had!

Diana said...

What a great group and project. Diane always comes up with the sweetest projects. Love that Girl's style.
Hugs
Diana

Monica said...

Glad you had fun, dear Charlene!
I just love those faces in resin.
Hugs and love to you and sweet Elle,
Monica and Kim xoxo

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Charlene,
What a great studio, that must have been a fun day!! I locve the finished piece!
Ouch on the HOT weather!!! I hope you cool down soon, if I could I would blow some of this cool weather right at you :-)
Hugs,
Bella

Karena said...

Diane is amazing as are all of you creative ladies!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Kathy said...

So beautiful! How fun to travel in an RV with your hubby and to have fun with the girls with such great creativity!
Love it,
Kathy

Mary said...

What fun it looks like you've had creating! How creative to fill the little watch faces with all those bits & pieces :-)

mendytexas said...

Hey Charlene! Looks like a fun time in Houston! I'm just north of there in The Woodlands. Don't go
in to town" very often though! Looks like you are having a great summer. Hope to see you sometime soon again! Hugs, Mendy

Related Posts with Thumbnails