Friday, April 27, 2012

Round Top Part Two


No trip to Marburger Farms would be complete without the MADNESS of Magnolia Pearl!!!!!  Usually I go in there & almost always come out with a few things but, this year… I was a good girl!  For some reason I just couldn’t go there.  I am a little claustrophobic & her tent just seemed TOOOOOO MUCH with TOOOOOO MANY this time. And… I’m just not a burlap girl.  Really???? Burlap to wear???? Stinky, scratchy burlap???? Do you like the look???? Not me.

Cindy did some shopping (I borrowed some of her photos for this post).  I did get to see my favorite “Pearl Helper” Krista…  As you can see we were OUTSIDE THE TENT!  This sweet girl is just a DOLL!!!!
Charlene & Krista
Below you can see she & Cindy looking cute as ever & the PILES of ruffles.  NOW……. That’s more my style.

And the decor of the tent was some of the same from last year with the wire MANNI’s (this one was on TOP of her tent under the big top of Tent A)
DSC06038
but she added a few different things…
DSC06046
Like a Bicycle with a bird cage, a doll & of course lots of “Pearl Style” lace.  See….
DSC06048
And then the big MANNI’s had all sorts of stuff on them
DSC06040
Stuff like BONES…. ICK!!!!!
DSC06041
And BOTTLES
DSC06042
A little of everything for everyone.  But, my favorite of all was this amazing velvet jacket that Cindy just HAD to buy.
DSC06022
Don’t you love it?  Aren’t she & Krista just DOLLS?  Speaking of dolls…
Diane's Dolls #1
Out in the fields we hooked up with my buddy Diane Cook of Rosa & Josie’s.  She spotted these vintage dolls & was wishing she had her camera.  Well, I loaned her mine.  See what I mean about the variety of goodies to be found?
DSC06021
Dolls of all kinds.
Paris collage
And why oh WHY did I not buy that beautiful pair of satin vintage wedding slipper there on the right??? I wanted them, I thought about it, I didn’t & now I’m kicking myself.  But, I did get one of those amazing feather dusters in black.
DSC06068
I love this shop.  I think her name is Tracy & she is from Colorado.  I buy from her every year.  Her style is so fun… Like candle holders with NOT Candles but, sheet music rolled to look like candles.
DSC06069
And then I always LOVE the work & original display of Skip to My Lu.  Everything is displayed on the ORIGINAL vintage cabinet card.

Speaking of coooooooooooool displays…
DSC06080
I LOVED the creativity of this vendor using beautiful tree trunks with that cool peely bark as supports & a wind mill as the top.  Soooooooooooooooo  over the top cool in a metal industrial style.
DSC06081
Speaking of metal…
DSC06083
This piece was metal & the most luscious color!!!!  The vendor told me it was from France & was of the same type/style as The Statue of Liberty.  I JUST LOVE THAT COLOR!  And so wish I had a place to put it.
Chandi Love
And then this beauty caught my eye.  I was walking way out in a hot dusty isle out by Clutter.  And with no electricity hooked to it… the sparkle caught my eye. HUGE!!!!!!!!!  This baby is HUGE!!!! 4 foot by 4 foot.  And as you all know hubby & I have been talking of building this HUGE barn with a very upscale “apartment” in it (& killer studio) but, we’re still in the looking for land phase.  HOW can you buy the chandi before the land? 
Chandi 1
Well Cindy fell in love with her too.  She is redoing a new studio space & although the room in not huge in size it does have 20 foot ceilings.  So, the decision was that since she has a place to put it NOW… she would buy it & hang it.  AND IF/WHEN I get my new building &  if I wanted it then I could buy it from her & we’d find her another one… Oh I’m so glad ONE OF US OWN THIS BABY!!!!!  But, shhhhhhhhhhhhhh don’t tell her hubby…  Do you think he’ll notice the new addition?   Come back for more adventure in Round Top…
HUGS! Charlene

6 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Ohhhhh my word Charlene I am so glad that I get to see Round Top through your eyes ~ The booths are absolutely amazing!!!

Laurel's Quill said...

Wow, this stuff is over the top! amazing place!

Anonymous said...

Magnolia Pearl is too far off the charts for me. It is like wearing cast offs found in a dumpster. I am always amazed at what people will do to be chic......Yuck...
Have a Great Weekend!!
Marilyn

C'est moi Claudette said...

Well I'm glad you are being honest, cuz I don't like some of that stuff either....
CINDY BOUGHT THAT CHANDY??????
WOWOWOWOOWOWO
Great post Charlene.
Lot's of eye candy for sure.
Cindy, I'm borrowing that VELVET Jacket,... nice.
Have a great weekend, what's left of it.
xoxoxoxo

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, Charlene! Looks like soooo much fun & so beautiful! Love your photos--almost makes me feel like I was there, too!

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday, dear friend!

Julie

Lily's Lace said...

We did have a blast didn't we! I love seeing all the photos everyone else has taken. I LOVE that big green piece, that would look great in your barn! And now we're off again! SO glad to have you as my fav gal pal!!xoxox-cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails