Thursday, January 23, 2014

Art Glass in Seattle - Dale Chihuly


Do you LOVE glass like I do?  I have always been fascinated by it.   This Fall I was so blessed to go visit my friend Laurie that lives in the Seattle area (there's another post about her amazing house is you click HERE).  And while there Laurie & a couple of my friends (Cindy Craine &Vickie Orlando) & I went downtown to see the Dale Chihuly Museum  (Also click  HERE or on anything in blue for a link).  AMAZING!!!!  There beneath the Space Needle sits an EXPLOSION of color & design.  Anyone who love ART has to appreciate this amazing work.  The pieces above & below are displayed on the ceiling in one room (much like his pieces in the Belagio in Las Vegas).


The exhibit below was in a room with dark walls & the center of the room just filled with COLOR!


Below was an almost floor to ceiling (as you can tell by looking at the people standing next to it) piece & the colors were divine.  This room was called Sea Life.


A little closer up shows the detailed sea life done in GLASS!  Anyone who knows me KNOWS  I'm an Ocean/Sea Life/Mermaid Girl.


   
    People always ask me what my favorite color is...  I don't have one!!   I guess that's the Gemini in me but, I can't choose A favorite color.  I just love color!   GREEN is so beautiful to me so, this gorgeous swirling green beauty also spoke to my soul.


Just look at the detail!!!!  Some day I would love to take a glass blowing class.  On the plane a passenger I visited with gave me the name of a place in Seattle to study glass blowing...




Outside in the gardens the sculptures were everywhere in EVERY color you can imagine!


As I said, this garden sits right below the Space Needle.



To get to the garden you walk through a huge glass hall (I bet they have Events & Weddings in here... I can just see it can't you?)  Look at the beautiful glass hanging from the ceiling!


                                 
         This is looking at it from the outside on the other side.


Seattle is truly a beautiful place & this little piece of ART HEAVEN just makes it even more special!



I hope you enjoyed this BURST of color.  I'm in the middle of YET MORE remodel work in the house so, I needed something happy to look/post about because right now my world is workmen & dust.  And no money for travel.  But, I can reflect on my previous adventures & dream about the future ones!  HUGS!


7 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I never knew this existed in Seattle. Beautiful! You have such a love for art, I know you must have been thrilled! We've only been to Seattle once, just for an overnight thing before we headed to Vancouver. I've always wanted to go back.

Best wishes on all the "Housework"! Hang in there!

XO,
Jane

"Create Beauty" said...

Hi Charlene! So you were in my neck of the woods it seems....

The colors and designs of those glass sculptures are fabulous!

~ Violet

Karen Valentine said...

Oh my goodness! I bet that was an amazing exhibit to see in person!! It's fun to go and check art and museums isn't it??? Hope you are healthy and happy my friend! Can't wait to see the unveiling of your home when it's all finished!!
xo,
Karen

TiffanyJane said...

Hi Charlene!!!

I love all the glass, it is sooo pretty! The colors are amazing, I bet it was really neat to see it in person :)
Hope you are good and surviving your remodel! It will be so pretty when they get done! :) So excited for ya!
hugs

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

What an amazing place Charlene! Thank you for sharing. Ciao Rita

Unknown said...

You got some great shots of this amazing garden. We have a garden like that here in Phoenix too. I should try and find it before it gets too hot here.

Rainey @ The Project Table

Robin said...

Hi Charlene, it was a pleasure meeting you, Cindy and Sandy at Applebee's in Warrenton last week. Hope you found a lot of treasures and some MOP buttons while you were there junkin!

Hugs,
Robin

Related Posts with Thumbnails