Friday, May 15, 2015

New Kitchen Reveal


I have been MIA (Missing in Action) due to the remodel of the house (& a few trips for sanity sake) that we bought last year!  We got a good deal on it but, it has been a TOTAL GUT JOB!  We started in the Master Suite before moving in but, the kitchen is what started 2014!    Above is the finished project & I LOVE IT!!!!  Below is the old original kitchen.  



HATED the honey gold shiny wood cabinets!

January 7th they came in & GUTTED the kitchen.  Took out everything to the floor except a few cabinets.  It was one of the coldest winters Texas has had in awhile & we had an 8 x10 foot hole cut in the wall with only a thin plastic sheet covering it.  


Eventually, we got sheet rock.  It was still COLD!!!! And dirty!  We had a band of "Merry Men" show up almost everyday.



Below was the way the breakfast room looked when we viewed the house for the first time.


And below is the same area during the demo phase...


I decided I didn't need a breakfast nook as we have a HUGE island with stools at the end so I created a sitting area where my friends & family can sit & visit with me while I prepare food.  We all really enjoy this area & those 3 windows look out into the back yard & flood the room with natural light.


Below is my old stove.  UGLY is the only word to describe it!!!! Down draft that had a horrible cold wind blowing up those vents for the whole 9 months before we ripped that sucker out.  And those TWO (yes you heard me right TWO) burners were not big enough for anything other than an 9" skillet.  Try cooking a family meal with TWO SMALL BURNERS!


But things improved dramatically!!!  I LOVE my new 5 burner gas stove top with the pot filler above!  


Just wasn't feeling the love of the old oven... But, do LOVE my new double lower convection oven & convection microwave.  And to add to the ease of Holidays I have a warming drawer in the center island for keeping rolls, casseroles, & other goodies warm.  I've never had one & can't wait to use it.


UGLY!!!!! That's the word for my old Formica countertops &  12" mauve builder grade tiles.  You can see those below but, to the right is my new granite.  My dark wood floors are beautiful but, it's a LOVE/HATE relationship as they show every spec of dirt, grass, dust....  And with having 2 acres right out that back door I can tell you Daddy Darling & little Ms Elle can really drag in the filth.


We kept the cabinets by the sink & refrigerator.  We had new cabinets made to match their style & then our painter (who is such a PRO) came in & painted old/new to match & I LOVE the clean look with the antique finish in all the nooks & crannies of the cabinets.



So, after 3 months of pure remodel HELL... I LOVE MY NEW KITCHEN!


It brings a smile to my face to flip on those under counter lights, fix a cup of coffee & ENJOY!!!
I'd love to hear your thoughts on my new kitchen & how I made all my changes.  HUGS!


5 comments:

The Junque Seeker said...

Your new kitchen is beautiful! I can imagine the torture of the remodel, but it looks like it was well worth it to get something you'll love for years to come.

jeanniemc said...

Simply beautiful...

Unknown said...

It seems going MIA worked well for you! Specially on your kitchen ventures, where you really worked hard to accomplish all the remodeling works. Your new kitchen looks absolutely gorgeous! I love the pattern on your ledges as well as the exposed brick walls. Thank you so much for sharing that, Charlene! All the best to you!

Fred Richardson @ SGK Home Solutions

Stacey said...

Charlene, your new kitchen is beautiful!! I can say this (because I didn't live through it) but it was worth all of that, I'd imagine. Your finishes are so similar to what I have. My cabinets are painted and glazed and I have the same knobs. My backsplash looks like yours too. However, that absolutely gorgeous vent hood you put in has me green with envy!!

Lori Anderson said...

OH so envious of that kitchen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails