Monday, March 8, 2010

Crystal Princess Class by Diane Cook ADORN ME March 2, 2010

Take My Hand... that is what her card says. And take your hand is literally what teacher Diane Cook does. I am so honored to call this sweet gal my friend as well as my teacher. Diane is taught my first class at the ADORN ME ART EVENT in Houston, Texas & what a great start for my line up of classes. Below is my finished piece which actually is a take off of Crystal Dreams which was the class Diane taught Sunday (I had gone home on Saturday). My piece(you can see a full view of it later in this post) is laid next to the card that came in our hand out kit from Diane. Being the Queen of Bling that I am, this class appealed to me on first site. When you walked into the classroom the first thing you saw was this beautiful vintage mannequin covered in beautiful Crystal necklaces of all shapes & sizes(you can click on any of my photos to enlarge them).
And another view of some of Diane's work displayed on the counter. Notice the necklace she has laid on the vintage cigar box is similar to her piece that was featured in Belle Amoire Magazine.
And this photo shows some of the "LOOT" that Diane brought in for us to purchase for our necklace if we so chose to "shop" her treasure trove! Did I????? OH YEAH!!!!!! We won't be tellin "Honey" about that check. The vintage rhinestone piece in my necklace above came from here. THANK YOU Diane for bringing all of this to share!
This is a shot of her "Mani" dressed in both the Crystal Princess & Crystal Dreams necklace.
The Crystal princess is the shorter necklace & Crystal Dreams is the long but, more simple (simple meaning not as many piece's in the necklace not meaning not drop dead gorgeous) piece. Can you see the two different ones? Or do they look like one necklace to you?
A close up of Crystal Princess.
And two examples of different Crystal Dreams.
Close ups of above.
And here is sweet Diane just telling us all about it.
And the class in close attention to her using the bench block with her rubber hammer.
A little different look of my finished Crystal Dreams.
And below is the beginnings of my Crystal Princess necklace. I decided I needed longer head pins to connect these jewels to my chain. I learned to make my own head pins in another class so that is a perfect reason for me to stop right here & have this to work on here at home. I am a very goal orientated person & I hate it when I don't finish a piece in a class that I take. To NOT finish a piece in a class like this is the NORMAL thing. Usually students go to learn technique & then finish the project (yes, you are supposed to finish) at home. So the fact that I had a piece finished & I got to wear it at the Event & show it to you finished made me a HAPPY CAMPER!
Now, a little bit about the Event... This was an all jewelry event put on by Linda & Chuck who also do Art Unraveled. This was the first time for this event & they brought in big name teachers & top artists. This is the first large event like this that I had ever attended so I did not know what to expect. WOW is all I can say. Start saving you $$$$$$$$$$$ & vacation time for next year if you are a jewelry kind of girl. Go to the button on my side bar & see the big names that were in attendance here. I did learn that although I find the work of people like Thomas Mann, Keith Lo Bue, Richard Sally, Melissa Manley (the most amazing ROOMIE around) & others that do METAL WORK amazing... it is not for me. I have very double jointed fingers. Twisting & working that heavier metal is NOT something I CAN do. So, I can enjoy it from a far & do my more feminine girlie designs that I tend to LOVE best anyway. Stay tuned because I will be sharing other classes & things from the event in the post's to come. Thanks for joining me for your personal trip to ADORN ME. HUGS!

21 comments:

Hearts Turned said...

Oooooooh! Such gorgeous stuff, Charlene! I hope you're enjoying every second--I know you are!

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

I loved the trip you took me on this morning. Just looking at those dreamy necklaces on the maniquin brought chills on me. They are soooooo gorgeous!!! That necklace you finished is gorgeous too.... You should be very proud girlfriend!!! Can't wait to here all about it.
Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

OMG, I was at Adorn Me also! I took the Rhinestone Dreams class with Diane Cook! My piece is not quite finished but I am loving it. Isn't she precious? Your pieces are gorgeous!!!! That was one awesome retreat and I plan to go back next year. I did not see your photo so I don't know if I met you there or not? I was the redhead walking around with a dazed, information overload look!!!
I will subscribe and keep up with you and your work. Marcy
mantle@piedmontcenter.com
www.queenmarcyoriginals.typepad.com

DeeDee said...

Oh Ah! OHH La La! I love it all..looks like a perfectly funtime to me...thanks for sharing your fun with us....beautiful work charlene...

Jessica Rodarte said...

Goodness! Everything is so beautiful! Wow.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my gosh Charlene ~ those are soooo gorgeous !!! I LOVE them !
What a blessing to be able to take the classes from Diane ~
hugs
Lori

Sandy Navarro said...

Oh Charlene, I'm a gasp! We need to talk, girlfriend! Hopefully we can catch up soon.

Bunnym said...

So many shiny objects...Ooooh! Gorgeous, just plain gorgeous!

smooches,
bunny

Auntie Cake said...

Beautiful! So wishing I could have joined you!
Kate

Createology said...

Wonderful fun to get together and share passions. Your jewelry is amazing. I love them all. Thank you for sharing...

Winchester Manor said...

Hello Sweet Friend,

I am in bling heaven right now! Oh my how I love your creations! You are so talented and clever and what a lucky girl to attend this event!

I have a Pixie and Trixie with your name on it! Send me your address to bernard dot karyn at gmail dot com, and these sweet girls will be on their way to you!

Hugs,
Karyn

Peridots Garden Blog said...

Hi Charlene!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and most especially for your sweet comment!

I love seeing the photos from your jewelry making experience! So beautiful!

I will be back for more and thank you again!


Sandy

FILIGREE MOON said...

Hi Charlene. What a gorgeous necklace you created! Thank you for the peek into your wonderful week at Adorn Me. I love working with wire and crystals and just about everything that has to do with jewelry, so truly enjoyed your post today. So glad you had a great time at the event! ~ Angela

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Now you've reallly made me sad I didn't go! Those necklaces are gorgeous! I could discern that they were 2 necklaces but only because you told me they were. Both are beautiful! I go back & forth thinking "this one is my fave"... "Nooo, maybe I like this one better."..."but no, this one is just beautiful." LOL

Your crystal dream necklace is gorgeous but I can't wait to see your finished crystal princess. I think I like the neutral colors of your's better than Diane's model.

Remind me to show you my gnarly double jointed digits Friday. ;o) Welcome home!

Alisa Noble said...

Just gorgeous, Charlene! Glad you had such a great time!
See you Friday!

Rosemary said...

Hi there,
Thanks for the visit!!
Such pretty things here on your blog. Love all of the sparkles!!
Visit again soon,
Rosemary

gail said...

Hi Charlene,,, What a beautiful crystal necklace you made. The one that you started is going to be stunning for sure! :) The classes sound wonderful.
Have a pretty day and happy creating, gail

Lisa said...

Charlene,
All of it WONDERFUL! Crystal dreams are so beautiful. Diane's such a true talent & you are so lucky to have been able to learn from her. Your work is just getting better & better friend. I know how much you love these classes & events. It's so special to be able to bond with like minded souls & share the experience. I know you made some new dear friends. Can't wait to see more. Lisa

Diane said...

Charlene!
Thanks for sharing so many pictures of our class and your beautiful necklaces! You are a great student, and now a really good friend.
Can't wait to see you in a couple of months. Take care....
diane
xoxox

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Oooooh wow! How much fun was that! I never grow tired of learning new things and taking classes (as long as they are crafty and not like chemistry or something)hee,hee,hee.

So sorry to read about your fuzzy girl. My prayers and hugs to your heart.
Your friend,
shell

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Geez, I want one of those!

I'm so happy for you, Charlene --- learning is so gratifying!

I put your bling picture in my blog, thanks for letting me use it!

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails