Friday, March 5, 2010

Hello From Adorn ME!!!!!

I am having an absolute BLAST!!!!!!!!!!! I have met some of the most amazing PEOPLE only to be topped off by the fact that they are each AMAZING artists. It is like Alice falling into WONDERLAND! I have never been surrounded by so much creativity all in one place. Sorry to say I can not download any photos because I did not bring my computer but, I am using my roommate Melissa's MAC to do this post. Anyway... I wanted to share with you one of my NEW FRIENDS (& I HAVE MADE SOOOOOOOOOO VERY MANY NEW FRIENDS I CAN'T WAIT TO INTRODUCE YOU TO) blogs so you can go & visit to see a little bit about ADORN ME! I want to introduce you to Rice Freeman Zachary who is one of the most creative, imaginative, free spirited sweeties around. Rice & her darling husband Earl are here to take photographs & do work on a new book they are writing about Art Retreats & Events. I'm sure you have seen their work in books as well as magazines like Somerset & Stampington. Rice & Earl have been in many of the classes & events I have been in while here. There is a video clip of me using a torch in Diana Frey's class on Rice's blog. What a HOOT!!!!! Thank you for capturing that little bit of my special time for me sweetie!!!!!! Go check it out & see some of the other things taking place at ADORN ME! To visit Rice at her blog Voodoo Cafe CLICK HERE

Tonight is Vendor Night & I am very excited. I know there will be much $$$$ going out of the wallet as I wander down isle after isle of tables full of wonder!!!! Oh how I wish each & everyone of you could be here with me. In fact... I wish you had all joined us this whole week. Start planning for next year! It has been a once in a lifetime wonder for this "New Kid on the Block" & I want to thank each of you! I leave for home tomorrow & have soooooooooo much to share. Come back soon! HUGS!

14 comments:

Karen Valentine said...

Oh Charlene your enthusiastic energy is beaming out of the screen!!! I am soooo happy for you. I can just imagine tha amazing time you are having, and I can't wait to hear all about it first hand! Talk to you soon.

Karen

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Charlene ~
I am so glad that you are having so much fun !! It sounds amazing !
xoxo
Lori

Lisa said...

SO glad you are having a great time! I cannot wait to see all the pics!!
Hugs, Lisa

Lynn said...

Hey Charlene, Looking good with that torch in class. You also have a beautiful smile, when the camera caught you! Will you show us your pieces on your blog please? I would love to see all the results, especially the piece you are working on.
Lynn

Anne Lorys said...

I just discovered you via Lisa's blog (Tarnished and Tattered), so nice to meet you!

How fun, I'll be attending my first art retreat this Summer, God willing. I can't wait!

Have a blast and I look forward to seeing what you come back with. :-)

Have a great weekend,
Anne

Hearts Turned said...

Oh, man, Charlene! You're making it sound SOOOOOO appealing to me! My husband won't like you putting ideas into my head like this!

So glad you're having a wonderful time! Meeting new people, buying new toys, learning new skills--sounds pretty near perfect!

Enjoy every second, my friend!

Cynthia K. said...

Hi! Sounds like you are very excited and having a fabulous time. What fun to meet so many great people and learning new things - look forward to hearing all about when you return...

Cynthia K. (Beauty and Blessings)

Sandy Navarro said...

WOO HOO Charlene! You are just too FabUlous! How I wish I was able to be there with you. I've been checking your blog daily to hear all about it. Can I just say that Twisted Sista necklace has my name written all over it! Sure hope I can meet ya there next year!

Lisa said...

Charlene,
I can tell by your post that your out of your mind excited! I am so happy for you. I know you've been looking forward to this for so long. You are having one fun year sister! All of the cool classes & events your attending. Well, at least I can live vicariously through you. Can't wait to see more. Lisa

"Create Beauty" said...

Sounds wonderful!!! I emailed you with a question about the dog art I'm doing of Reba. Will wait til you get home for your answer. Oh! You must be getting so inspired at that retreat!!! 'Talk' to you soon, Violet

DeeDee said...

Oh Charlene...I wish I could be there with you too...your excitement has me drooling...lol..my freind from Mrs. Oleary's in Wichita is there...I tried to call for a order and they told me she is there...lol...cannot wait to see your pics..have fun my friend. cannot wait to see what you buy and what you have made...and what you have leart....so glad your having a good time...you deserve it.

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Soooooooo glad you had such a great time. Can't wait to talk to you and find out all about it.
Hugs, Pat

Ricë said...

hey, sweetie! i SOOOO wish you could have joined us last night for dinner at Pappadeaux's--we had a fabulous time with much laughter and schmoozing, and it would have been even more perfect with you there. so glad we met--you're FABULOUS! XO

Anonymous said...

I wondered who was the bright orange-hair girl? What a hoot, I was wondering who they were. OMG, can you believe vendor night? I spent my next two paychecks, but I have a smile on my face!!!!
I did just now see your photo on the blog but don't think I met you. We probably passed in the hall a dozen times! Wasn't it a great retreat? Marcy

Related Posts with Thumbnails