Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mothers Day to all my precious friends!
I hope you have a beautiful weekend with your Mother, Children or Both!


This is something a friend of mine sent me in an email & I thought it was so funny. So many of these sayings we have either heard or said... enjoy!

1.. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning."
2. My mother taught me RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
4. My mother taught me LOGIC. "
" Because I said so, that's why."
5.. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
"If you fall out of that swing & break your neck, you're not going to the store with me."
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about.."
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!"
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA ..
"You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!"
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.."
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION .
"Stop acting like your father!"
15. My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful
parents like you do."
16.. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home."
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
"You are going to get it when you get home!"
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to get stuck that way."
19. My mother taught me ESP..
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?"
20. My mother taught me HUMOR.
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
"If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up."
22. My mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your father."
23.. My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
24. My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you'll understand."
And my favorite:
25.. My mother taught me about JUSTICE .
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you"


As for me, the greatest gift has been the chance to be a mother to my two boys. To see them grow into amazing men & fabulous fathers just MELTS my heart. There is nothing that makes me just "CAVE" as to see that sweet smile & have him say... "Hi Momma"! And then there is the GRANDS! To see the car pull up & that door open as they ROCKET out of the car. Running with arms flung wide. SWEET! TOTALLY SWEET!

Have a wonderful weekend. Please tell me your favorite thing about being a mother. I would love to know.








11 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh...you said it so well, Charlene, except I am waiting for the grandkids! Love to you on Mother's Day!

XO,
Jane

Diana said...

Happy Mother's Day my friend.
Hugs
Diana

Kim Hanauer said...

Hi Charlene!
I went to Marberger and Rountop last fall and loved it! My husband and I are going again this Fall.
Oh how I love hats! I love all your wonderful Roundtop photos! It looked like you girls had a blast!!
Have a Beautiful Mother`s Day!
I don`t have any Grands yet, But my three boys are truly a Blesssing to me!
XXOO
Kim

Sonya Badgley said...

The chance to love absolutely unconditionally. A love so big that you feel like you can just burst. That's the best thing about being a Mother to me.
Happy Mother's day to you, sweetie.
Hugs,
Sonya

Lisa said...

Charlene,
That list is great! I'm saving that one. Hope your having a great day. I'd love to do lunch one day & go to Lonestar or something. I've got about a week until the PC prep comes crashing down on me. Call me tomorrow or something. Lisa

Holly Loves Art said...

Happy Mother's Day my sweet friend. I hope you're having a great day!
Big hugs,
Holly

Sandy Navarro said...

OMG, I can so relate to #7. Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about! Boy, did I hear that one!

My golden rule to live by was "Children are to be seen and not heard." That's probably why I'm an only child and I don't have any of my own! LOL

Love ya!

Vintage Market Place said...

Hi Charlene,
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello
So glad to share this beautiful issue with others that are so inspiring and full of talent!
Amy

Nan said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day my friend.

FILIGREE MOON said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Charlene! ~ Angela

Lily's Lace said...

You crack me up! I love it! Are you sure we didn't grow up in the same house! Love you,xoxxoo-c

Related Posts with Thumbnails