Thursday, November 5, 2009

Show & Tell Friday & Goodbye to Halloween

Here we all are having a little "cuppa" after the big Hooooooooray last week. Yes, that's all the girls telling the tales... now it's time to pack it up but, first I wanted to share a couple of Halloween favorites with you for Cindy's Show & Tell Friday (be sure & see the others girls playing this week by clicking the button on the sidebar).
My Witch Martini Glass makes me smile every time I see her melted into a puddle! See those legs with the yellow striped stockings?
Here she is setting on the counter above my kitchen sink. The silly little sign next to it says Spells & Potions (sorry it is not all showing in the photo).
I love the art of Susan Wheeler & these two little pieces are framed & hung in my breakfast area. The one below simply makes me smile. Don't you love the expression on their faces?
So Much Candy So Little Time!
Now I'm off to put the storage buckets away until next year & now it's time for the turkey's to trot out of their buckets. Hope you smiled at a couple of my goodies as I pack them away. Happy Friday & thank you Cindy for being a wonderful hostess.
Also, I wanted to thank Tiffany Marshall for my new Fall Banner. She did the Halloween one that I had & also this one for Fall. She is an amazing artist & friend. Go & visit her to see what other wonderful treats & banners she has in her Etsy shop. Also, I want to thank Karen Valentine of My Desert Cottage for helping me size the banner to fit better on my blog. She noticed that part of it didn't show(originally sized at 880 & she downsized it to 660) & I appreciate her technical know how & kindness.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Charlene! Really neat Halloween stuff... I was a little sad this year to pack mine all away... I had so much fun this year with it... Great post...
Have a wonderful week end!
~Really Rainey~

Gracie said...

That glass is absolutely beautiful, I like it so very much. Thanks for sharing.
Gracie at http://mylittleplace.blog.com

LuLu Kellogg said...

I love Tiffany's work...beautiful banner my dear!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Hootin Anni said...

Excellent.....I love the Halloween Martini Glasses!!!

My show n tell this week is glass, glass antiques. A couple of them. Come by if you can. Have a glorious weekend. Click Here

GwendolynKay said...

Those framed pictures are so cute and charming!
Have a blessed day!
Gwen

Unknown said...

Hi Charlene, I popped back over to comment on your comment on my blog this morning... ahhhhh did you follow that?
Anyway... Soap is EASY when you use the melt and pour! Really its so easy and you don't have to mess with the lye and nasty part of soap making... Just the fun stuff... Not only is it fun, but fairly inexpensive too cause yo don't need to buy a lot of supplies. Just the melt and pour soap, essential oils and a mold. But I can do a tutorial, easy peasy, someone else asked for one too... I can get on that and do it before Christmas so people can make it for gifts or to have pretty homemade soaps in their guest baths...

And my chili relleno omelet isn't hot at all. I used Anaheim chili which are very mild and full of wonderful flavor... You can make them hotter by using poblano chilies for those who like it hot hot hot! I grow my own chilies but you can get the Anaheim at the market next to the other's.

Have a great week end!
~Rainey~

Claudia said...

You have some really cool Halloween things!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Halloween is my favorite holiday and I am always sad to see it pass. I love your witch martini glass. When I see "melted" witches like this it always reminds me of Elphaba, Wicked Witch of the West. I just finished reading Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. In take on the story Dorothy was trying to save the witch when she accidently caught on fire, doused her with water and then she melted. Cute story... I love his spin on it. I can't wait to see what you have for Thanksgiving!-April

nannykim said...

I love those pictures--they are darling.

The Old Parsonage said...

What sweet prints to help celebrate the season!

Enjoy getting ready for turkey day!

Leann

gina said...

That glass is really fun. Love your seasonal banner- very nice. :)

Bunnym said...

Nice banner, Charlene,

Love the pastel gourds too! Seems like we're always put'in stuff out and put'in stuff away huh? Have a nice one.

tootles,
bunny

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Love the martini glass!

Alisa Noble said...

Cute! I didn't manage to get my Halloween decorations out this year.... maybe next!

Lisa said...

charlene,
OMG! I can't believe you won another giveaway! I'm taking you to Vegas girl, or at least Shreveport, ha. Love your show and tell. Martini glass is my fav. Miss you! Lisa

Cindy said...

Very nice! I love the martini glass!!!

Carly said...

You have such cute Halloween decorations! (A while back you asked what type of camera I have, sorry I am just answering now, but it is a Canon Rebel XSI.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails