Thursday, March 22, 2012

Paper Cowgirls 2012

01 Buffet on Opening Night


Paper Cowgirls Art Retreat started off with a beautiful buffet of yummy Texas styled treats set up at The Doves Nest.


DSC05877


The opening night get together/kick off.


SONY DSC


Everything headed up by The HEAD COWGIRL known as “BOSS LADY” or Cindy Mayfield. Here she is in all her Birthday Girl Glory showing off her Paper Cowgirl Birthday Card (YES! We had cake for her too).


DSC05875


Beth collage


The next morning kicked off the classes & my first was with my Buddy Beth Lentz who drove all the way from Kansas (with Karla)to be a Cow Girl!!!! This was Beth’s first time to teach at a large event but, she did a great job. The photo on the left shows our darling kits that she had prepared.


DSC05892


How adorable is that project? Mine is ALMOST DONE! I’ll share as soon as I get those finishing touches done.


SONY DSC



She had a suitcase of wonderful treasures for us to pick through & use on our projects.


Lisa,Amy & I in Beth's class


I got to sit next to my buddy Amy Boland & of course Lisa was on hand to visit & tease poor Beth unendingly!!!! She kept whispering “tell her she’s a terrible teacher or ask LOTS of questions” & then she’d just giggle!!!! SO MUCH FUN!


2012-03-18


I “borrowed” the photo above so you can see some of the different class projects finished! DARLING!!!! Great class Beth!!!!


DSC05925


Next up another first time teacher… My buddy Karen Valentine taught a composition journal book. Mine (above) was finished during class! That’s a great thing!!Now I don’t have another unfinished project!


Class Projects around Karen


Here’s all the class projects surrounding Karen.


Friends collage



The best thing about an event like this is the time with your friends. Both old & new…. you know the old saying “One is silver & the other gold”. Of course there was my running buddy Cindy & my roomie Jan, Linda H, Kristi, but, also pictured above is 2 new friends Kerry & Betti. It is so great to hang out with people “who get you”.



Another cutie I finally got to meet after being BLOGGING BUDDIES since 2009 is Dawn Edmondson of he Feathered Nest. She was the one person that stepped out & helped me the most in the very beginning of my blog. And I know she’s helped so many of you too. I can tell you that she is as kind, sweet, wonderful & beautiful as you would imagine her to be! She doesn’t leave her sweet family often but, I’m so glad Lisa & Cindy talked her into joining us!






Well, that’s it for the first day. Hope you’ll click on all the names that are highlighted in blue to visit the other Cow Girls! And I hope you’ll come back to see the next 2 classes soon.


HUGS! Charlene

10 comments:

Rochelle said...

Looks like fun....the countdown begins for the next FUN event - Affaire at Tiffany's!! Yippee!
Rochelle

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hey Charlene, looks like so much fun! the most fun of course would be just getting to meet all you great gals! Love all the photos of projects! xo

Sandy Navarro said...

Well, a great time was had by all EXCEPT me! LOL

See ya'll next week!

Maggie said...

So fun to see your pictures of this event! Can't wait to see more. It looks like it was a fun, intimate group--small enough to really get to know people. How fun--all my favorite bloggers were teachers or participants :-)

Mona @ la la by mona said...

I bet you all had a blast! I love going to the Dove's Nest. My girlfriend and I make that a day trip and hit several of the shops around there. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, Charlene! Hard to believe it's already been a week since we were together! See you soon in the dusty fields...
xo
Kristi

Lily's Lace said...

Great post dahlin'! I must admit yours looks mucho better than mine! I had to borrow from everyone for photos! We did have fun didn't we. Love and hugs to you always,xoxo-cindy

Tina said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time Charlene. Wonderful classes. Wish we had something like that over here. How awesome it must be meeting up with mindliked and create and have fun

LuLu Kellogg said...

How fun!! I see Cindy and Amy and Dawn and even Jan! I wish I could have gone too!

So glad you had a good time!!

Love you Sweet Girl!
LuLu~*xoxo

Monica said...

You've been in such a good company, Charlene!
Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails