Monday, September 1, 2014

Birthdays...





Birthdays... IF a girl has to have one nothing takes the sting out of it like sharing it with a
 BEST Friend!  
While at Joy's Sandy & I shared our BDays (mine at the first of the month & hers at the end).  
AND presents of course really help!

A MERMAID Necklace from Joy & Laurie (found while they were at Round Top I believe).  Joy put the pretty turquoise necklace part together.  LOVE HER!!!!!


That AMAZING Necklace of bling was made by none other than Ms Sandy!  And I adore the cabinet card of the little girl that she used to  display it on.  Presentation, Presentation, Presentation!   

And the beautiful burgundy flower was made by Vickie Orlando as well a string of Miriam Haskle pearls (so she said).  And that darling little mermaid on the left is a chocolate lollipop made by the infamous Cynthia V.  She does such detailed, beautiful, yummy creations.  She also made me a sand castle cake but, darn NO ONE got a photo of that.  Loved it Cynthia.

These beauties were made by Diana Salvucci Smith.  She & Vickie took a class from Arlene Baker & hand made/formed those flowers from velvet.  Hours I'm sure.  While out in California last summer Vickie took me to Arlene's house & I got to see students working in a class as well as being able to shop among all the velvet, patterns, molds, buttons, & findings.  HEAVENLY!!!!!  And that mirror... a vintage hand mirror that Diana use the "Laurie Mika clay technique" on.  I would sooooooooooo love to learn to do this! Below you can see the crown she made for each of us using clay & the same technique.

 How can I thank you girls for spoiling me this weekend & helping me celebrate my birthday?  Now that it's September I can't believe it was so long ago.  But, soon I'll share a post of the BDay celebration we had for Sandy in San Jose at the end of June... Never enough time for friends!  Come back soon!

3 comments:

"Create Beauty" said...

Happy Birthday Charlene!!!!

What fun and gorgeous gifts!
And the gift of Friendship is the
best of all.

~ Violet

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

So fun to celebrate birthdays with friends! Such pretty gifts and I hope you get to spend time together again soon. My friends and I get together and have fun when a birthday comes around as well.
hugs,
Jann

Sandy Navarro said...

Sure hope I'm still your Best Friend since I'm just now seeing this post about our fabulous birthday celebrations! Oops! Time sure flys when you're enjoying the company of such amazing friends! Can't wait for our next play date in few short weeks! Are we there yet! Love ya lots!

Related Posts with Thumbnails