Thursday, October 7, 2010

Magnolia Pearl!!! I Just Went to LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST WENT TO LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HONEST I DID!!!!!!!!!! Or at least that's what I told Hubby. Welcome to Magnolia Pearl Marburger Farms Fall Show 2010. This was the entrance to the tent. A Mannequin made of metal parts & wire. Click on the photo to enlarge & look at the detail that went into designing this.
HUGE flowers made of Newsprint or Brown Paper were hung on the outside of the tent. The entire sides of the tent were made of BURLAP. See all the burlap fringe she used over the door/entrance! You have to understand that this show is set up in the middle of a COW PASTURE! So they set up huge white tents (to keep the Texas sun out), lay down hay & then vendors come in & create vignettes in which to sell their wares. Well, in the smack dab middle of this tent is a TREE & a sofa sits beneath the tree & everything is decorated around that.
The opposite side of the entrance has a brown paper flower & "stuff" to create the back drop for this Manni wearing some Magnolia Pearl signature pieces.
See the supports holding all the roof decor? AND THE MOB OF PEOPLE SHOPPING!!!! Pure craziness when the gates open women RUN to be the first in this shop. Women of all ages, shapes, sizes flock to purchase the items designed by Robin Brown under the name Magnolia Pearl.
See I told you MOBS!
Below you will see Krista. Isn't she adorable? Well, I had wanted a pair of Magnolia Pearl bloomers for awhile now but, just hadn't wanted to let go of the MEGA BUCKS required. But, in just LOOKING Krista helped me FIND a couple of pair I couldn't live without.
Yepp, that's me in the tangle of fringe showing you a couple of things I loved! And yes, the cute little top on the right happened to show up in my shopping bag! Susie took this photo for me(thanks girlfriend!)
Here's the Manni outside of the other door wearing MY bloomers & a top very similar to the one I bought. Both items were being discontinued so I got a "DEAL" on them (trust me when I tell you they were NOT cheap even with a "DEAL"but, I saw a pair of "Bo Peep Bloomers on a gal at the Blog Party & adored them) .
Another view of one of the huge flowers. Maybe you want to try your hand at a few of these???
Below is Robin Brown (thanks for sharing your photo Jill) showing off one of her tops. Check out her outfit, hair, style & the other metal Manni hanging from the rafters. As you look at the other photos you will see that Robin & all her sales staff have that Magnolia Pearl Look with clothes & hair.
And Robin's Hubby John in one of his "Johnny Shirts". You see Men & Women wearing these shirts over all types of bloomers, shorts, skirts or jeans. Well, my Hubby thinks he'll pass on a "Johnny Shirt" & for those of you who KNOW him, you're not suprised are you?
And here is a rack of her signature dresses & long tops. All of her items used to be made of vintage fabrics, trims & laces. Now... only a special few are done in this style. And this is where the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ really can add up.
More typical of her items now is shown on the huge cases in the photo below. The fabrics have changed & are much more casual now. Look at the HUGE PILES of items to sell & let me tell you there were women sorting through stacks of this stuff & it would pile in the straw hip high when a freenzy was going on. A SITE TO BEHOLD I CAN TELL YOU!
Amazing!!!! Go check out Robin's site HERE to see more of her creations. And look at the videos she has of her home, vintage Air Stream Trailer (all decked out MP Style) & her Rolls Royce Car that she has taken the body off & put onto a 4 X 4 Truck frame so she can tootle all over her farm outside of Bandera, TX where she lives & creates her lines of clothes, furniture & other items. Happy Looking, Hope you Enjoyed this & be sure to come back to see more of Round Top Antique Faire 2010.

20 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

I not only enjoyed it but seeing it live was something else!

Riki Schumacher said...

Oh, oh, oh!!! I want one. Love her stuff, isn't it amazing. Now we have to see a shot of you in your Robin wear! Right?? Don't be shy. Wish I was there. Love the pics Charlene. LY, Riki

Blondie's Journal said...

This is SO cool, Charlene. I have never seen so many mannequins before in one place. And I love how the vendors set up...I think that the time and effort really pays off.

So glad you had a great time and thanks so much for taking us along! BTW...you look fab in the picture!

XO,
Janie

Sandy Navarro said...

LOVE all of it except the price! I would have chosen the same outfit you did and I can't wait to see it on you in a couple of weeks, even if you're only able to model it at the house - heheh

Are we there yet?

Hugs!

Diane said...

Yep, my bag was filled too! Ouch....but you only live once~right! I told Allen last night I was going to wear mine when I teach~don't think he bought that, but I am ~ really =)
And, he just about fell out when he found out how much $$ I paid for the bloomers...he doesn't even know about the tops...yet =))

Nan said...

Wow look at all that stuff. Charlene you find the most unique places to visit. I've never seen anything like this. I guess it's pretty mundane here in Alaska we just have the views to entertain us and that can be pretty exciting all the wildlife I guess. Thanks for letting me know the package arrived. Glad you enjoyed it. Nan

Bunnym said...

I don't swear much...But I swear...I gotta go to Texas. It seems all the good shows are there...including you.
This looks like I died and went to heaven...everything looks so tarnished, muted, old, monochromatic and wicked. Loving it!!

tootles,
bunny

Amy'svintagecottage said...

Hi Charlene, would have loved to known you sooner! What a FAbULOUS time we had! Met many wonderful fellow junkers! You really captured the essence of Magnolia Pearls incredible booth! I havent posted my pics yet , but will soon.
xo
Amy

Hearts Turned said...

Oooooh! It's all so gorgeous, Charlene! Glad you got to go--what a sweet hubby you have!

Love those Little Bo Peep bloomers--now we need to see you modeling those, my friend!

Hope you're having a wonderful night!

Julie

Karen Valentine said...

Okay, you had me at the first pic!! Remember when I said I probably wouldn't buy any thing there??? Well... I think I might have to eat me words!!! The stuff you got are just darling, and I thing my new friend Cindy (also from Texas) bought the outfit on the mannequin!!! How fast do you think 6 months will go by????
xo,
Karen

Lily's Lace said...

I see you too fell down the rabbit hole of Magnolia Pearl with me. I left there with sacks, yes I said sacks of stuff. I'm eating peanut butter and soup for weeks but I'll look cute dang it! Don't you just wish those cute girls in the booth could just follow you home and dress you! It just doesn't look the same when I put it together! Check out my photos too @ Lillyslace.blogspot.com ! Love your blog!!!

Jan Hennings said...

Oh! What fun..this looks like a place I'd really enjoy!!

Lisa said...

Charlene,
Okay, see what happens when I'm not there to stop you! LOL I think the bloomers will be darling on you. I looked at my pictures & I think it was TOT that you saw. Look at her blog. I just have one question. After the purchase, did you turn to stone?!!:) Lisa

Robin Thomas said...

Charlene, I am so glad you let go and got yourself something. A little Texas frined of mine has a MP fanny pack unbelievable purse. I hear she doesn't do those any more. Her stuff is so delicious!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Glad you had fun AND got you some Magnolia Pearl !!! Her site and story are interesting and fun.

(())

Monica said...

Big, big hugs, Charlene! Will write you when I'm back! I think of you often.
Monica and Kimxo.

VS said...

Hey Girlfriend..
Sorry, I've been absent from home trying to close out the shop & the 1st thing I did was cancel the phone...{not smart}, but it's going great & was busy as the dickens today!!!
I LOVED that we went to Magnolia Pearl together!!! You got some GREAT stuff & I ADORE my 2 pieces!!!
I have decided to change all my clothes out to MP so...if I buy 2 pieces at each show for 5 years, I'll have...20 pieces before i turn 60!!! LOL..LOL
I guess I should try & pay for the 2 pieces I already have, right! lol
I did wear my adorable tee out last night when we went out to dinner with friends, with my cowboy boots & jeans! I'll call you soon & hug my boyfriend for me!!!
Smiles,
Susie

Sandy said...

Charlene,

I am gobsmacked by all these delicious garments! Love the outfit you bought. I would look like a goob in those but you are so tall and svelte you are going to be stunning. Thank you for sharing all the Texas farm girl fun!

Bohemian said...

I'm an MP Gal from way back and adore Robin's creative genius so I have a collection of her Bags and Bloomers... but mostly the older styles in the beginning, adore vintage Velvet and the Bohemian palette and styles, which is how her work started out. Thanks for the fun tour, couldn't be there for this Show *le sigh* so it has been wonderful to see everyone's posts about it and all the eye candy. Glad you were able to get yourself some fab Bloomers and that adorable top.

Dawn... The Bohemian

The French Bear said...

Charlene, you look so cute hiding amongst the fringe, really you look beautiful!!! I love the look of her clothes, they so unique, I can see why it would hard to have just one thing!!! You have been so creative my friend...I know I haven't been in blogland for awhile but I always check to see what fabulous creations you are up to!
And no I don't see hubby in the shirt, lol!!!
Hugs,
Mags
xxxxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails