Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Cup of Christmas Coffee & The Home Tour Begins!

Coffee Station & Santa Cookie Jar

Welcome! Grab a cup of coffee & let’s begin the tour of my Christmas decor for this year. This is the coffee station that I always enjoy decorating no matter the season. It’s the first thing I see in the morning so I want it to be pretty & welcoming.

Claus Mugs

I have a lot of Christmas mugs but, I think these are my favorites! Don’t you love Mrs.. Claus’s red boots?

Cocoa

Not into coffee? Well the pretty glass canister has Cocoa Mix ready too. I have always loved the little Christmas bear sugar & creamer set. And for those of you who know that my motto for the GRANDS is to “sugar them up & send them home” there is the Santa mug with a chocolate covered rice crispy pop as well as two Christmas Tree Lollipops. One RED & one GREEN.

Looking Out at the tree

This is the view I see as I stand preparing our drinks. There is a bar that divides the kitchen to the living room. I love to put things on the bar that I can enjoy when I am in the kitchen cooking or cleaning up after a meal. Below is a shot of this bar full of “stuff”.

Counter full of goodies

The cute Santa mugs belong to the GRANDS for hot cocoa when they come to Nonna & Bop Bop’s house. And one of my favorite Santa candlesticks.

Santa Candle Stick

He brings a smile to my face every time I see him.

Poinsettia

This year I bought the prettiest poinsettia plant & have it sitting behind the coffee maker. I love how they put snow & glitter on it’s leaves. Let’s go to the fridge & get some cream.

Fridge 4

I have a wonderful shelf above all my cabinets & here you can see the grapevine with lights entwined (it makes a perfect night light for going to get a drink in the middle of the night). IF I was “Freaking Martha Stewart” as my daughter in law calls me… I would have strung garland & put Christmas decor up there to. Maybe another year.

Fridge 2

A close up of the little vignette on top of the fridge. I LOVE the glow of the red tree, the Santa’s, my vintage oil lamp peeking out behind that MAGNIFICENT plate with the snow scene & cardinals. I have to admit that I keep that plate up after Christmas just to enjoy it a bit longer (but, the tree does go!)

DSC03138

There’s another little peek at the shelf that runs the top of the kitchen. I ADORE my picture of SANTA don’t you? Sorry the chandi is reflecting in that one corner of the glass but, you can see the gorgeous vintage crystals that hang from it.

DSC03141

The table isn’t set with any dishes but, you can see the pretty red & white checked towel with the Santa Tea Pot & a couple of mugs as well as a cute Santa cookie press & sweet Cherished Teddy in her Christmas dress. Of course this is the kitchen not the dinning room (which is done in gold & much more formal).DSC03139

Chair & Believe

If, you were visiting this is the comfy rocker you would be sitting in to visit with me as I prepare things. It sits just to the other side of the kitchen table & you can see my vintage buffet sitting beside it. I LOVE the pretty little metal sign hanging above the chair!

Believe Sign

Believe??????????

OF COURSE I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don’t you?

I hope you will come back soon to continue the tour. But, for now your coffee’s ready I can’t wait to sit & visit with you!

Hope you are enjoying this blessed season! HUGS! Charlene

18 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Beautiful tour! HA :) LOVE that you are checking out Mrs. Claus boots!! hee-hee!

Blondie's Journal said...

I really wish I could sit and have coffee with you, Charlene! We've known each other a long time. I so enjoyed the tour of your home, everything looks so sweet and festive. I love your little beverage station, I am sure that's where the kiddies head when they come to visit!!

Happy Holidays, sweet pea!

XO,
Jane

Nan said...

You really do up the house Charlene, good for you I love it all but my favorite is the red tree, oh If would love one of those.

Mona @ la la by mona said...

Yes I do ADORE your Santa picture! He's so sweet you just wanna pinch his rosy cheeks! Thanks for the tour!

Unknown said...

Ohh, I am headed to your house for coffee and treats! Such pretty and festive holiday touches - LOVE it! I need a pink tree for my fridge . . hmmm.
xxoo
H

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Beautiful Charlene! Its Looks Like you are All Ready for the Holidays! Hope you are Doing Well with your Sweet Elle!
Happy Thursday!
Hugs'
Jill

Sandy Navarro said...

Ladies, I can tell you that Martha Freak'in Stewart is definitely in da house! I've seen the Fall/Halloween version of Miss Charlene's beautiful home in person and it so warms my heart to see it all done up for Christmas. Oh how I wish I could be there for a cup of cocoa all snuggled up in the comfy chair and then fall asleep in my room (yes, my room) while waiting to hear that sweet Southern drawl wake me with "morn'in sunshine!" You never know, Santa might just put me under the tree! Miss you so much, my sistah! Is is March yet??

Kay Ellen said...

I love your pretty red tree on top of your frig...so cute!! and I want your red & white check chairs~~adorable!!

I am sure you are having a blast with the puppy too:))

xo
Kay

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a lovely tour, Charlene. Your pretty reds and Christmas cheer are heartwarming. Wish I could join you & sit in the cute toile rocker. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Merry Christmas!
- susan

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

you are a hoot ! Love all your decorations...when I get up all I want is to mash that button on the coffee maker and get my coffee !!!
LOL
(())

mo said...

Hi Charlene...You are a sweet heart! Of course you can use my Sugar Plum Martini graphic! I love it too. *cheers & hugs*

Diane said...

I loved the little Christmas tour Charlene, and yes, I too love your Santa picture and your little red Christmas tree...and well, just everything! I am ready for my coffee now =)

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Happy Holidays, Charlene!

Bisous,

Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

Bunnym said...

Beautiful Charlene! I had to laugh because my girlfriends call me Martha Stewart too...guess we're two peas in a pod....and YES...I believe too!

love ya,
bunny

Sandy said...

What a festive atmosphere you have created for entertaining. Your home is just beautiful! Thank you for a little sneak peek at your decor, I'll be back for the rest of the tour.

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Believe? You bet!!!!

Enjoyed the tour Charlene...you have some really cute stuff. LOVE the Mr & Mrs Santa coffee mugs! Chris & I drink our coffee out of Christmas mugs every Christmas too.

Are you enjoying that puppy? I hope so! We'll have to schedule a puppy date after the holidays...wouldn't that be fun?

Leaping Frog Design's said...

Ah to sit and have a cup of coffee with a friend. Your decorations are so beautiful!! Thank you for sharing Charlene! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Maija said...

Your holiday home is so beautiful and warm and inviting!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails